Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sir Gavin MacDhomhnuill - Fighter Poem - riddle

Sir Gavin MacDhomhnuill
fallen in Fall Crown Tourney, A.S. XXXI

(riddle)

Light of heart, I came to Crown
And cast my double axes down.

First a Welshman came to me -
I sent him packing to Cymry.

An English lord then got a whim -
I really made time fly for him!

Came a Viking worker in wood -
I whittled him away for good.

Another Viking, hardly slow!
I dealt to him an off-hand blow.

A dragon flew at me for fun -
Like all, I bent knee to this one.

To the tourney came this Gaul -
I rode him to his final fall.

Through the forest, what do I see -
The mighty oak that toppled me.

My name by now you should be havin' -
(But just in case you aren't: it's Gavin.)

-- Mistress Philippa Llewelyn Schuyler

...is an empty vessel for the Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment