Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lupus of Arundel - Fighter Poem

Lupus of Arundel
fallen in Fall Crown Tourney, A.S. XXXI

The Wolf of Arundel set out
With Tekla Doria
For Gyldenholt's Crown Tourney field
And battles glorious.

"I'll gnash my teeth, I'll lash my claws,
I'll hunt them one and all.
I'll sweep the fighters from the field
And make you Queen this fall."

The first to face this fiercesome foe
Was Conal, heavy-heart.
Arundel nipped and he limped off;
It was a valiant start.

Alas for Arundel, the next
To face him on the field
Was Lady Eichling, warrior maid
Who bade Arundel yield.

Then Drogo, son of William
Came hunting Arundel.
And sad-eyed Tekla Doria
Looked on as Lupus fell.

The day progressed without the Wolf
Who licked his wounds in peace.
And with his head in Tekla's lap
He found his heart's surcease.

-- Mistess Philippa Llewelyn Schuyler

...is a weaver of words and wadmal

No comments:

Post a Comment